Saturday, January 24, 2009

Here's what I know...Texting is ruining good dating


Have you ever been in a circumstance where you literally don't utter one verbal word to a person with whom you are going on a date until you see them live on the date??

Here's what I know...

(1)Texting is meant to supplement calls and dates, not replace them.

(2)If you met someone and you are planning to take them out, you need to log in a call, even for 5 minutes just to say hello before the date.

(3)Regardless of how busy you think you are, you are no busier than anyone else out there; if they have time to talk to you, you should have time to talk to them.

(4)There is no substitute for verbal banter.

(5)Girls assume that if you really like them, you would find time to pick up the phone and call. Hence, if you really do like them, you are doing yourself a disservice by not calling.

(6)People find text abbreviations annoying and hard to understand. Old fashioned chatting from time to time just might be easier.


3 comments:

  1. Where is the post? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha,
    I love your writing style. I just recently started a blog detailing my own experiences as a single girl dating in SoCal for the past 5 years. I'd love to do a link exchange with you. Check out my blog and let me know if you're interested.

    www.datingdishoc.com

    shantelle_mu@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here's what I know...technology is more and more part of the dating scene. But it doesn't have to be intrusive. There's nothing worse than someone texting or taking a mobile call whilst on a date. Turn your phone off, if you respect me!

    Lovin' the articles on this site. Please follow us on Twitter:

    http://twitter.com/geekdating

    ReplyDelete