Here's what I know...
(1) Men think big picture. They know you are having dinner together and that they are getting to see you, but they usually spend much time thinking about where.
(2) Men know when they like you and they don't need like sweet nothings and cute exchanges to be sure of their feelings the way women do.
(3) Men have about a 90 second attention span of a story. Keep the long ones for your girlfriends.
(4) Men focus more on what happens when you are together and they don't spend a lot of time thinking about the relationship when you are not together.
(5) Men don't spend time during the week, recounting cute stories about your date to their friends. The most they usually say is, "it was cool, she's hot, I like her, I am seeing her again"- the basics and that's all he needs.
(6) Men can be thinking positively about a woman without being in touch with her. It's like he has the comfort of knowing her likes you without the need to be in touch with you every second. This is a hard one to get used to.