Have you ever noticed that even though there is no longer such a thing as Saturday night date night, that you still feel a little off-kilter when you don't have date on a Saturday?
Here's what I know...
(1) Most people these days don't bat an eyelash about going out alone during the week but they feel differently about it on Saturdays.
(2) People don't seem to notice if someone is alone most nights of the week, but they notice this on Saturday nights.
(3) Many women will choose to stay home on a Saturday night if their only option is to go out with the girls.
(4) Many people who have plans pretty much every night of the week often find themselves without plans on Saturday night if they aren't dating anyone. You are not alone in this.
(5) If you are dating someone, you should be taking them out on Saturday nights. If you are not, they are wondering why you are not.
(6) If you are choosing to go out with your friends on a Saturday night as opposed to on a date with someone you are seeing, you probably don't like that person all that much.
(7) Many people feel like Saturday night is "amateur night" at most bars and clubs. However, keep in mind that you can meet someone anywhere, any night of week, so be open-minded!